Thursday, April 19, 2012

Meet The Forghieri's

I am excited to announce that my new family is the Forghieri's! They live in center of Carpi, Italy which is where I will also be teaching. My family includes mom, dad, and little Gabriele. They live in a townhouse. Laura's father, brother, sister in law, and two nephews (Lacopo and Nicolo) "live in the front of the house". I am unsure if that means if they live in the same town house or next door. They have told me they have a beautiful terrace that overlooks the city where we will eat dinner every night!.

Mother: Laura. She works at her families textile company.

Father:Alessandro. He works as a salesman for a pharmaceutical company. He enjoys wind surfing in his free time. I hope he is able to teach me because I have never done anything like that before.
This is my new brother Gabriele. He is 6 years old and enjoys playing soccer. I feel like him and I are going to be great friends. He is excited to walk to school and play soccer with me everyday. I will have to start brushing up on my soccer skills.

This is a photo of Gabriele, Lacopo, and Nicolo. Alessandro says he hopes this will be enough children for me because he knows I am so used to being around all my siblings. I feel like 3 young boys will have more than enough energy for me.



This is Gabri in the school yard of the school I will be teaching at. It seems like it is going to be a huge school.
My family loves to do physical activities which include mountain biking, jogging, soccer, swimming, and tennis. They have told me to be come prepared with the proper clothing. I have started eating healthier and exercising so I can keep up with them.

I have been emailing back and forth with Alessandro for the past day and I have been getting more and more excited for the trip. They are really embracing me as a member of their family.

Laura and Alessandro both speak English pretty well and Gabri has started learning it this year. They have told me they have skype and wi-fi so I can keep in touch with everyone back home!

Addio per ora!

No comments:

Post a Comment