Thursday, May 17, 2012

orientation, scoula, Bologna and more Cont.








The second day of school was much better. I was with the 3,4 &5 year olds during the morning. A couple of the small girls took me under their wing and did their best to communicate. We all sat in a circle on the floor doing the morning routine while we waited for the last couple students to get there. A young boy with some sort of disability, named Emanuel, came in the room. He saw me and yelled out "Ciao". He then ran over and plopped down in my lap; he stayed by my side nearly the whole time i was there. The children definitely made me feel more at ease.  We had a dance "laboratory" where the children basically did movements and worked on social skills. It was fun to watch and participate in! Laura needed our help again with the older children so Emily, Molly, and I all left our classes to go help her out. Once Laura was done I was supposed to go back with the younger children but they were preparing for nap time. I decided to go out to the field where the P.E class was playing softball! I had so much fun playing with them for nearly 45 minutes. They made me put on a baseball hat to play. The gym teacher had me help with batting stances, throwing, ect.Yes, I did play softball in a dress and I still kicked butt (even if I was playing 12 year olds). On Thursday and Saturday mornings the Piazza in Carpi has market set up, I passed it on the walk home from school. I decided to stop and ended up buying a beautiful new skirt and dress. I am in love!

Platform of the Carpi train station

Eeemeely as the children call her
 At 2pm I met a bunch of the other girls and Cam at the Carpi train station. We took a train to spend a few hours in Bologna. Alessandro and I stayed up very late the night before talking about where i should go and looking at maps. My new friend Ashliegh, she is from KU, and I explored many places in the city. You can see the pictures below. We also ran into a young Belgian boy named Dirk we saw at the Carpi train station. He was super nice and down to earth. We sat with him on a ledge to drink a beer and watch everything going on in the Piazza.


Fountain of Neptune


Piazzo di Porta Ravegnana (Two towers)

Via Piella


One of the many castles



FZW love




After some time we left him and joined the rest of the group for our journey home
Lilianna, Alessandro, Gabriele
just some of the artwork at Lilianna and Roberto's house
My favorite meal Nona makes is also the my favorite meal my grandma's make. Roast beef &mashed potatoes!
. We went to Lilianna's for dinner again. Delicious as usual and I am happy to say even with all the food i have lost 3 pounds so far! Tomorrow we are going on a weekend trip to Florence. Laura has set up a meeting for some of the girls and a friend of hers who lives there; it should be a ton of fun. Until next time! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment