Friday, May 17, 2013

Um what?! I'm going back to Italy?!

When I was dropped off at the airport last year I was absolutely terrified. I cried for at least 20 minutes. This time around I could not be more excited. A few years ago I never imagined I would travel to Italy. I am incredibly lucky the Forghieri's are welcoming me back into their home and for the opportunity to work at the Language for Life school. 

At the airport today I met an MU professor who is also traveling to Milan. He will then travel to Bergamo where he will be teaching in a study abroad program. I imagine I'll be hanging out with him and his sister a lot in the next 15 hours. 

Things I am excited for in the next 24 hours:
1) seeing the stars as I fly at night. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.
2) the train ride to Modena. Last summer I spent a lot of time on trains. It's neat to see the country side change as you travel throughout the country.
3) seeing Gabri's face when he sees the massive marshmallows I'm bring him.
4) pizza and gelato of course!

A special thanks goes out to my family for the extra help buying my plan ticket and getting some bills paid. Thank you Uncle Sam for the fat tax return check that helped me afford this trip.

Finally, a big thank you to Cherish Grimm for keeping me sane the past 2 weeks of my life! She cooked me meals, gave me big hugs during my anxiety attacks, and got me out of the house so I didn't go crazy! I honestly don't know what I would do without you. 

That's all for now! 

P.S. This trip isn't going to be the same without my partner in crime Emily Kohut. I wish you were at the airport with me right now lady :(

No comments:

Post a Comment