Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Let's back up....
First, let's start from where I left off last. I apologize for abrupt end of my blog. Last June, not long after the first major earthquake, there was a series of 3 major earthquakes that hit Carpi in the morning. This was followed by aftershocks eery 10-30 minutes. Who knew earthquakes were so terrifying! Serious, I'm from Missouri! You know that place where severe weather is normal occurrence. The program forced us to evacuate Carpi the next morning due to the fear of more earthquakes and so we were not anything thing our families had to worry about. They sent us to Milan the next day and we spent the night in a hotel near the airport. From there Emily and I began our 3 week European adventure together. I could not have asked for a better stranger to travel with. After Emily flew home I continued to travel alone for the next 4 weeks. I had so many incredible experiences and met many friends on spectacular adventure. I literally have never felt more ALIVE in my life. Looking back, I wish I would have kept up with it because it is such a fantastic way to reflect on my experiences and remember all of the amazing times I had. When I got back I fell into a little slump and all I could think about was going back....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment